Team Tranquil is the local mental health charity in
the Falkland Islands. The group formed as a charity in 2006, following completion
of the Mental Health Strategy for the Falkland Islands . The Mental Health
Strategy group was a government initiative formed by local members of the
community who were invited to meet, exchange views and consider what the mental
health needs of the local population were and how best to meet these needs. When the
document was completed, the group felt that the only way to ensure that the
recommendations were met was to form as a charity.
Team Tranquil aims to:
- Raise awareness of mental health issues within the
Falkland Islands community
- Promote good mental health within the community
- Increase support services for carers
- Encourage people to seek appropriate help
- Ensure there is enough mental health services to meet
the needs of the community
- Reduce stigma for those suffering mental illness
within the community
- Improve services for young people
- Encourage employment for people who have suffered
mental ill health and discourage discrimination within the workplace..
None of this is possible without your support. If you have some time to spare, have some ideas to share or are interested in getting involved in any of our projects, please contact us.